Sunday, May 17, 2009

Remebering 5.12 and Jet Li

I always found it interesting that in the 12 years I have been in the business here, one of the people I most wanted to meet had always alluded me. I was finally able to meet Jet Li last year at an event in Shanghai. There were many people there but I was at least able to say hi and shake his hand. Jet is the reason why I started learning wushu. I saw Shao Lin Temple when I was 6 or 7 years old in a Chinatown theater back in SF and immediately decided that I had to learn Kung Fu.

So when Jet invited me to join his charity organization, One Foundation, for a memorial walk for the victims of 5.12 in Sichuan, I jumped at the opportunity. Check out some of the video I shot from the event and a conversation we had about the event as well the origins of the One Foundation and how he plans to make this world a better place. Don't mind the cheesy music in the intro...




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always liked Jet Li as an actor but have recently come to admire him as a person for all the charity work he has done in the past few years. I read about how the tsunami changed his views and beliefs and it's great to see him using that life changing moment to help change other's lives.

May 17, 2009 at 3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do really like this idea and thinking of living standard... I have really good question... I wondered, if any of person knows Chinese Sign Language to help to Deaf people who have a problem for understand what s going on during earthquake... I am Deaf... I am an American/A singaporean PR...I am an interesting to help to Deaf Chinese people. I know a lot of Chinese Sign Language, and Japanese Sign Language. you can stop by my web site ichirokes at alive a dead web site. my photo was superman on my t-shirt.. thanks mates.

May 19, 2009 at 6:11 PM  
Anonymous jeans said...

this was really inspiring. thank you for sharing!

May 19, 2009 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger joetron2030 said...

Way to meet Jet, Danny!

BTW, loved reading your piece in GR59 about your trip to the earthquake zone. Thanks for writing about it!

May 28, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home