Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thanks Tokyo, the sushi was great!!!

We are out of Tokyo and now in Kobe. What a difference! Big props to Tokyo for your hospitality. Here are some final images...
The two photos above are from Tsukiji, the wholesale fish market where fresh fish comes in the morning to be distributed to Sushi joints all over. Went at 6am right after getting off work. We'd been saying we'd go the whole time we'd been there but the opportunity never came. So our last morning in Tokyo was dedicated to this place, even though I was tired as fuck. It was worth it. I've never seen a whole tuna before and there must have been a few hundred lying all about. We walked around taking photos and finally worked up an appetite to have a sushi breakfast. Nice way to round up our stay in Tokyo.
I basically grew up on Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley. My friends and I used to haunt all the cafes in the area talking bullshit into the wee hours of the night. F.O.B. Cafe is what we used to call the I House cafe. It was the International students house cafe so there were plenty of FOB's there, thus the nickname. I know it's kind of mean but I was a dick. Now I'm a FOB in Asia.
Any lonely ladies out there? This place is full handsome men ready to please you and take away all the days stress. I hear many a office lady have stolen company funds in order to keep up the habit.

5 Comments:

Blogger helen said...

FOB...what goes around comes around
Kobe beef....yummy

December 16, 2007 at 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never been to Kobe but I hear the beef is as good as advertised.

I'm hoping to see a different perspective on it here :)


And one of the guys in the pic was not bad at all, but it is a very weird concept to have to pay for company. I really don't know how/why men do it.

December 17, 2007 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Golden N Rong said...

haha cool where's kobe?

December 17, 2007 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Willow said...

If that's fresh tuna, why are they all white? They look sorta frozen. I obviously don't now much about tuna fishing. It's neat how half their heads are punched out.

December 17, 2007 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger roachz said...

Ooh Kobe, one of my favourite cities in Japan. You might be able to catch the "Luminarie" event, held around Christmas...It is held to pay respects to the 1994 big earthquake and the main part of Kobe will be lit up by Italian lighting designers. There will be a huge crowds of tourists and all but you will be able to enjoy if you shut off the ppl arnd you :))

December 18, 2007 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home