Thursday, May 31, 2007

Slam.

It finally happened. After a month of carefree skateboarding around New York, I slammed in the most unattractive way this morning on the way to school.
This one is up there with Martin's fall a couple of months ago. I should've seen it coming. Last week I hit a pot hole which sent me flying into an intersection but luckily I was able to catch myself and landed on my feet. Then yesterday, I was trying to squeeze between a car and the sidewalk and was met with the sewer grate which locked my shit up and sent me flying. I had a full backpack on so the weight of it went over my head and almost caused me to do a forward roll but again I was able to stop myself. This morning, I don't know what the fuck happened. I was pushing along half awake trying to make it to my 9 o'clock class and my board just stopped like I hit something. I slammed shoulder first into the ground, sunglasses and hat flew off, backpack stayed on. I looked to see what caused me to fall but there was nothing but smooth pavement and a gum wrapper on the ground. A passing car stopped to see if I was ok but I grabbed my shit and took off before he could see the look of shock and embarrasment on my face. Got this shiner on my shoulder now and a scrape on my knee and elbow. My neck feels jacked and so does my back. Over 30 skateboarding rules!

7 Comments:

Blogger Golden N Rong said...

damn, oh well thats how it is in ny.

May 31, 2007 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger Aaron Stewart Ahn said...

age is one of the reasons i don't get on skateboards no more and stick to bicycles. i was never good to begin with, but you're a dab hand with the cellphone skating at the same time combo which always makes my head spin.

June 1, 2007 at 2:36 AM  
Blogger gr said...

Beef of the week!

-mw

June 1, 2007 at 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. Looks like a nasty scar too. Hope that gets better soon. :)

June 1, 2007 at 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH. I know a great acupuncturist / chiro if you need one in NY... (david duchovny and yoko ono are some of his clients) but... ah, NYC crashes will make you tougher for other places - no worries! FEEL BETTER!

June 2, 2007 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger grace said...

punkass.

June 17, 2007 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous rena said...

the pic reminds me of this hk movie star.. =]

September 4, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home