Thursday, December 27, 2007

If You're a Vegan, Don't Read This Post.

Merry Xmas! A bit late but I had a lot on my plate the past few days as you can see below. I pretty much worked through X-mas working until 2am on the 24th and starting at 6am on the 26th. We did have a cast and crew X-mas dinner on the 25th and I finally got to have my Kobe beef! It was delicious, however I would not suggest anyone eat an entire Kobe beef steak. It's a bit on the rich side and is probably the same as drinking a glass of oil. I wasn't feeling too good afterwards and I am probably gonna stay away from it the rest of my stay here. But you gotta admire that marbling!
Champion Beef. I worked pots and pans in the dorms when I was in college and one day I saw them unloading boxes of beef off the trucks into the kitchen. On the side of the box was printed: GRADE D GOVERNMENT MEAT FOR INSTITUTION AND PENITENTIARY USE ONLY. That was fucked up. Now I've had the full spectrum of beef.Kobe Beef Feast!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mandolin said...

well, at least you got something good for Christmas :D

December 27, 2007 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger helen said...

Too late I already did.
Finally!! nice Kobe Beef Feast
I'm glad you have good time...
beef and turkey too...

December 27, 2007 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Willow said...

Think it would be edifying to understand this USFDA meat grading thing. Think this would turn us meat-eaters off to processed meats like bologna and franks? Or airplane (Economy) food? Would ignorance be better? :D

You worked in the dorm kitchen? Whew. Wonder if it was so you could get free food. haha.

December 28, 2007 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger monchichi said...

I didn't particularly love to eat the Kobe beef though I agree its nice..

About the escalator.. yes..its the difference between kansai and kanto. they will know whether you are from kansai or kanto according to the place you stop at the escalator. the miso soup is also different. kanto is aka miso which is red. kansai is shiro which is white. even the voltage is different. basically, the kanto followed the states kansai has more influence of british culture.. umm...and also ruled by different empire last time. that was what i learnt in primary at the local school.. the memory is very blur but something like that. even the oshiruko is kind of desert also prepared in different manner.

Japanese are super polite and lots of rules in the society. But..i felt a bit tired of it so i escaped.

December 29, 2007 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Jinting said...

Happy New Year 2008!!!

December 31, 2007 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Moro Rogers said...

Is it raw...?

January 10, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home