Saturday, July 7, 2007

MoMa

Went to the MoMa yesterday with Lisa and my good ol' friend Dan and his wife Michelle. I've been friends with Dan since we were 12. 20 years is long for anything these days, specially a good friendship. We started a band together our Junior year in highschool. Dan played drums and I played bass. Our name was Guy Smiley after the gameshow host that sometimes appeared on Seseame Street. As you can see we have no problems being jackasses together..

...or on our own.

The Museum of Modern Art is a beautiful space in the city. I have two friends from architecture school who worked on the building. I really liked the courtyard in the center with the two Serra pieces in it. The undulating steel inspired us to do an impromtu photo shoot for our next album cover.

We are still called Guy Smiley but now were an electro-funk duo.

but we also do underground trip/hip-hop .

The Jaguar E-type is one of my favorite cars and I was happy to see it on the design floor of the museum.


Helvetica is 50 years old. Happy Birthday to arguably the best font ever.

Super rad design. I think it's for SARS.

I'm glad we finally got to go to the MoMa and I'm glad I got to spend some time with an old friend.

8 Comments:

Blogger Golden N Rong said...

yea the momas pretty cool, glad u had a good time

July 7, 2007 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Perry said...

What a coincidence...You play bass. Dude, I play guitar, or at least I try to, since I'm not musically gifted. I've been struggling with it since I was 18

That's cool you have a buddy of 20 years that doesn't "trip" over you. I've got a couple "two decade" buddies myself. I don't always call them, but I know I can count on them, whenever necessary.

July 8, 2007 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger dorien said...

the e-type is a beautiful car..i gotta go back to the Moma..

July 9, 2007 at 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really cool to have 20yrs' friendship.I'm only 17yrs old right now,so it's impssible to have that kinda precious friendship^^Jealous~~~Just have a question,have you ever agued with each other?^^Sometimes I agued with my best friend...:p

July 9, 2007 at 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished my Spanish lesson from Alfredo's home.Alfredo is a Mexican,a really nice guy.And I think it's worth being friends with him,tho we've just known each other for a couple of months.Sometimes people just have an instinct to judge a person,don't ya think so?And it's really important to have some real friends to cherish.Some of my friends wanna know how to say "I love you" in Spanish.So I asked Alfredo to night.It's "Te amo".But Alfredo said it's very strong,that is people might say it once in their life.I love espanol^^

July 9, 2007 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger ppfconsignment said...

haha.. hope you enjoyed moma :)

July 9, 2007 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger LindaV said...

or dark vader...

August 16, 2007 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger windrain said...

We took our first baby there.It was raining in summer.
I was very surprised to see your blog.
I am not a huge fan of the myriad blog sites out there. But I look forward to reading yours!and great pix!
You seem to get a lot out of this
life:)
-Kim in SF

January 12, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home