Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Life on Crutches

Life on crutches sucks. The next two months is gonna be a big pain in the ass, I predict. The other day I went to Kmart to get some supplies. I was greeted by a mentally disabled employee who suggested I get one of those electric carts to cruise around the store with. Good idea. While I was waiting for the cart, the guy started to tell me how he became the way he was. Turns out when he was 16 he got jumped by 20 guys. He said the only thing he remembers is a baseball bat coming down on his head, arms and legs. The beating put him in a coma for four and a half years. I guess being on crutches ain’t so bad. In the pocket of his red Kmart vesthe had a picture of his African Gray parrot who can apparently sing almost any Bob Marley song. I told him he should shoot it and put it up on youtube. I’m thinking of going back there to help him do that. I would love to see his parrot sing “No Woman No Cry”.
Didn't think I'd ever be driving one of these. Moma Wu kept trying to jack it from me.
Today I went to The Museum Of Natural History with my lady. She had to push me around in a wheel chair with a bad front wheel. The museum is not as cool as I remembered as a kid. I don’t remember the stuffed animals looking so dusty and fake. The gems where cool and so were the dinosaur fosils but the rooms and rooms full of fake animals were really lame. Seems with the high ticket prices they could at least get someone to dust off those dioramas. I think I’ll be hitting the Met or the Moma sometime this week.
If this was my fibula, it wouldn't have broke.

8 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

Hey Dan^^
Heartbreak to see your broken ankle..Do you feel any better now?Haha~You'd better take a good rest and not go to here and there!^^Sometimes I thought you're just like a cute child^^Take care of yourself Dan^^
Angel xx

June 26, 2007 at 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Museum of Natural History needs a revamp for sure... MOMA is still nice though. Not sure if you are looking to just hang out and relax or looking for some other museums... here's a current list of NYC museums:

NYC Museums, Art Galleries
and Planetarium
American Museum of Natural History
Hayden Planetarium
The Frick Collection
Guggenheim Museum
Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum
Madame Tussauds New York
Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art
Museum of Television & Radio
New York City Fire Museum
Museum of Sex
NY Hall of Science

I want to hear the parrot sing “No Woman No Cry”...

June 26, 2007 at 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how long will you stay for? i think you better stay until your ankle is better...

June 28, 2007 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Golden N Rong said...

yea the museum of natural history isnt that great, feel better

June 28, 2007 at 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dan~
Me again^^Hope your girl is right beside you to go though the boring days~Quite inconvenient with a broken ankle huh?^^phew..really hope you will be ok soon.Actually we fans feel so comlicated.On one hand we hope to see your excellent performance on the screem;on the other hand we don't want you to take risk doing anything dangerous when you act.Tell us what we should do...Dan,please take care--For yourself,for us...We love you^^Permanent love for you ^3^

June 28, 2007 at 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would take better care of you. well, i would.

June 28, 2007 at 10:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dan-

Tough break dude. Respect though for street stylin'. I've been filming these kids in my neighborhood and the slams they take for one trick would be a career ender for me. I'll just stick to my slappie curb and local skatepark these days.

Good luck w/the rehab!!!

June 29, 2007 at 3:43 AM  
Blogger JY said...

I'm now hopping in crutches for the moment, and was googling for blog entries of people going through the same state.

Wow, seems like NYC is pretty friendly for the disabled!

April 26, 2008 at 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home