Saturday, February 16, 2008

VOTE!


When I was younger, I used to think that politics and government didn't really concern me. A bunch of guys in suits rambling semantics about policy and stuff I didn't care about. But as I got older, I realized how naive I was. If you want to advocate change in this world you have to get involved, and that's politics. If you don't vote, assholes like Bush get into office and fuck the world up. If you don't vote, our medical system will fail. If you don't vote, we fight wars based on lies and thousands of Americans die.
America has never had a worse image problem and we can blame that on the way the politics game is being played now.
I've finally made my decision for '08 and I'm voting for Obama and I'm proud to say that I have just joined his support team. I firmly believe that he will be the one to shake things up for the better, which is exactly what our country needs at the moment. Someone to change the rules for the better. Watch the video above to see some more reasons why I'm for Barack. I wish I knew as much as the guy in the video.
For more info check out this site:
www.asianamericansforobama.com
or this one:
www.barackobama.com

5 Comments:

Blogger monchichi said...

I am not an American..but I am paying attentions to this election as the next president of America not only gives impacts on usa itself but the world wide..
I support obama too for better tomorrow for the Americans and the world. Cheers!

February 16, 2008 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger helen said...

Thank you for joining Obama's support team. God bless you. From OBAMA'08 NY

February 16, 2008 at 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still havent decided yet

February 17, 2008 at 12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Daniel, I am an American/Singaporean Pr(green card). I am full agreement about your vote and opinion of the bull@hi$ bush!!! I cannot wait for rid of the president Bush really sooner. I am feeling sorry for an American soldiers died everyday in Iraq... I would like to show you for my personal design blog... beside, I dont wanted to show anyone for my daily blog, so I get copy from my daily blog to personal design blog. here is www.ichirodesign.blogspot.com

thank mate!

February 18, 2008 at 1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, up until the last minute when I was at the polling booth I was still torn between Clinton or Obama.

But that's besides my point. I want to say how IMPORTANT it is for young people to vote because although things like healthcare, the economy etc. doesn't affect us as much (mind me, I'm still in college), these things will get back right at us four years down the line. So thanks for voting :)

AND I've been noticing how passive us Asian Americans are in this election and it makes me so sad how so many people just simply don't care. EVERY VOTE COUNTS and I hope people realize that. VOTING is a basic right that some Americans take for granted--they have no idea how hard we've been pushing for democratic elections even in HK, let alone third world countries in Africa. so it makes me angry when people just don't care about politics.

February 27, 2008 at 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home